Brad M. Griffin gives us 9 parenting myths to ease the anxiety of parents who may try to heap guilt upon guilt when we don’t measure up.
- Having children makes you happy and fulfilled
- Nurturing your children is natural and instinctive
- Parenting is your highest calling
- Good parenting leads to happy children
- If you find parenting difficult, you must not be following the right plan
- You represent Jesus to your children
- You will always feel unconditional love for your children
- Successful parents produce godly children
- God approves of only one family design
None of us will ever be perfect, so what does it help to heap on anxiety and guilt by comparing ourselves to an ideal or others who we believe have achieved some ideal?